Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Confessions from an Anxious Mind: A NaNoWriMo Writer's Story - Final Day

I'm currently sitting just shy of 20,000 words; 33,000 away from a blue ribbon finish, but 12,000 words farther than I made it last year. I'm going to make a concerted effort to pump up the volume of words in the remaining 8 hours.

However, I still have two items to take away regardless of how many words I finish with: 1) the group behind NaNoWriMo, the Office of Light and Letters, does fantastic things throughout the year to help writers and champion the future successors of the written word with their Young Writer's Program (which, incidentally, contributed a Dare Machine to NaNoWriMo that led me to construct one of my favorite passages of my story). 2) I have a lot of groundwork laid for a story and characters I'm supremely interested in continue to work through. I'm going to spend some time after I send in my final manuscript for word tally really breaking out a working outline to give more structure and guidance to this project.

No comments: